When I compare you with another, I do not understand you,
I merely judge you. Stupidity arises when there is comparison,
because in comparing you with somebody else there is a lack
of human dignity. But when I look at you without comparing,
my only concern is to understand you, and in that very concern
is intelligence and dignity. As long as the mind is comparing,
there is no love; and the mind is always comparing, weighing,
judging, is it not?
It is always looking to find out where the weakness is,
so there is no love. When the mother and father love their children,
they do not compare one child with another. But you compare yourself
with someone better, nobler, richer; you are all the time concerned
with yourself in relation to somebody else, so you create in yourself
a lack of love. In this way the mind becomes more and more comparative,
more and more possessive, more and more dependent, thereby establishing
a pattern in which it gets caught. Because it cannot look at anything
anew, afresh, it destroys the very perfume of life, which is love.
Krishnamurti, Life Ahead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment