Thursday, July 23, 2026

When I am gone,
I hope nobody remembers me
for having the answers.

I hope they remember
that I asked questions
with sincerity.

That I lived with wonder.

That I was human enough
to believe, at times,
that I could understand it all-
and humble enough to kneel
before the parts of reality
that refused to fit inside
my imagination.

I looked to the past for wisdom,
and to the future for possibilty,
but I never stopped belonging
to the present.

I remained curious.

I accepted that my mind was shaped
by evolution, by culture, by history,
and still I trusted it enough to explore,
while doubting it enough to keep listening.

I never wanted mystery to disappear.
I only wanted to see it more clearly.

I learned that understanding
the trick does not ruin the magic.
It deepens it.

I tasted salt. Rain. Tears.
Laughter.

I loved people despite how
difficult we make it to love
one another.

I watched the night sky and
wondered how something so vast
could give rise to creatures
capable of wondering back.

I was one brief arrangement
of stardust that became
conscious long enough to ask
impossible questions.

And that was enough.

I was human.

Like you.

bahaish_kapoor

No comments:

Post a Comment