Saturday, August 1, 2026

Now here's the choice then
are you going to trust it or not?
If you do trust it you may get let down
and this it is yourself, your own nature
and all nature around you.
There are going to be mistakes
but if you don't trust it at all
you're going to strangle yourself
you're going to fence yourself round
with rules and regulations and laws
and prescriptions and policemen and guards
and who's going to guard the guards?
And who's going to look after big brother
to be sure that he doesn't going to do
something stupid?
No go, to live I must have faith
I must trust myself to the totally unknown
I must trust myself to a nature which
doesn't have a boss, because a boss is a
system of mistrust.
To live at all, something in you has to
say yes to the unknown.

Alan Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment