How do we communicate with someone
who doesn't want to communicate with us?
I begin with saying "I know" "I'm not"
and "I'm open" and it sounds like this.
I know there's distance between us.
I know things arent how we both want
them to be.
I know I've messed up whatever that is
you're saying what is a given.
Two is "I'm not"
I'm not asking you to change your mind.
I'm not asking for an apology.
I'm not asking for whatever it is
what they think that's what you're after
and three is "I'm open"
I'm open to a conversation.
I'm open to listening whenever you can
just crack the door open. Of saying
the conversation is here and sometimes
that's not enough they're not going to do it
and in that case what i like to say is
then you have to live out the conversation
and understand that if you can't be a bridge
be a lighthouse.
If they don't want to come across to me
and they burn the bridge, well they're at least
going to know where I am and they gonna know
what I stand for and they're going to see the light
that I am going to try to bring even if they don't
want to talk.
jefferson_fisher
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment