Saturday, August 22, 2026

A prayer to the Dark.

I keep moving forward
because the world insists that I must.
They say time softens what it can't return,
that love fades quietly if you let it.

So I walk.
Through the hum of new mornings,
through the soft ache of forgetting.

But still,
I look back.

The dark stretches behind me,
and I turn toward it
hoping I might catch you there
waiting in the blur of light and shadow,
ready for me to come undone and run to you again.

But there's only silence.
Only that aching, beautiful stillness
where you should be.

And yet,
I feel you.
Not in sight or sound,
but in the beat of my heart.
In the pull I can't name.
In the way something inside me
still turns toward you
like it's instinct.

I don't know what it is,
nostalgia,
maybe,
or love that never found a place to rest.

But I know you're there.
Just beyond reach,
just beyond light,
lingering in the air I can't stop breathing.

And I keep walking,
because I have to.

But still i look back,
every step,
every breath,
a prayer to the dark.

Whishing the night would open,
just once,
just long enough
to let me see you again,
even if it's only to lose you twice.

KR
art:Taryn Knight - There there little friend

No comments:

Post a Comment